The Clarence Bicknell 2018 Centenary exhibition and events:
• Chiesa Anglicana, Via Regina Vittoria, I-18012 Bordighera (IM), 8-22 October 2017 (every day 15h30-18h30) *
• Museo Clarence Bicknell, Via Romana 39, I-18012 Bordighera (IM) , 24 Oct - 30 Nov 2017 (Mondays 9-13h and 14h30-17h, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-13h)
• London, Sandro Migliarini - Travellers on the Italian Riviera, Leyton Great Hall, 1 Adelaide Rd, E10 5NN, from 12 October 2017, with projection of The Marvels of Clarence Bicknell and Marcus Bicknell presentation on Sunday 15 October at 5pm)
• Bristol, Clarence Bicknell and The Bristol Botanists; presentation by Graham Avery, University of Oxford, and projection of The Marvels of Clarence Bicknell, at the Bristol Naturalists Society on Wednesday 22 November, 7.30 pm, at Westbury on Trym Methodist Church, Westbury Hill, near Bristol BS9 3AA.
• Genoa, Sandro Migliarini - Travellers on the Italian Riviera, 9 Nov 2017 to 4 January 2018 (opening to the public probably on November 16th), Galata Museo del Mare
• Genoa, Palazzo Reale (spring 2018, to be confirmed)
• Cambridge, Fitzwilliam Museum (June-September 2018)
• Cambridge, Jesus College Intellectual Forum and film projection in the Frankopan Hall, dates t.b.a.
• Bordighera, Museo Bicknell (early July to November 2018)
• Bordighera, Museo Bicknell, Settimana Bicknelliana 14-22 July 2017
• London, Artworkers’ Guild (to be confirmed)
• Monaco, Jardin Exotique (September-November 2018)
• Monaco, Musée d’Anthropologie (September
• November 2018)
• Nice, Musée des Beaux-Arts (to be confirmed)
• Tende, Musée des Merveilles (July-Nov 2018)
• Ventimiglia, Museo Rossi (summer 2018, dates to be advised)
For the record, we show here the events in the recent past, especially the screenings of the film made in 2016.
The Marvels of Clarence Bicknell
Le Meraviglie di Clarence Bicknell
Les Merveilles de Clarence Bicknell
La Mirindaĵoj de Clarence Bicknell
A film by Rémy Masséglia
The 18-minute mini-bio-documentary made in 2016 has been screened in many of the cities of importance in the story of Clarence Bicknell. The screening dates (historical and future) of which we have been informed have been, and will be:
- Thursday 29th September 2016 at 17h at the Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Genova (Natural History Museum, Genoa), Italy, in Italian (World Premiere)
- Friday 30th September at 17h at the Musée des Merveilles, Tende, France - version in French (France premiere) - sponsored by Conseil Régional Provence Alpes Côtes d'Azur.
- Saturday 1st October 2016 at 16h at the Museo Bicknell, Bordighera, Italy - version in Italian sponsored by the Istituto Internazionale di Studi Liguri. There were 3 additional screenings to accommodate demand.
- Saturday 1st October 2016 at 17h30 at the Museo Bicknell, Bordighera, Italy - version in English (English version world premiere) sponsored by the Istituto Internazionale di Studi Liguri and by the Clarence Bicknell Museum Group. There were 2 additional screenings to accommodate demand.
- Sunday 2nd October 2016 at the Aca d'breil in Breil-sur-Roya, France (Rémy Masséglia's home town, 20km south of Tende and 33km northeast of Bordighera, 40 km north of Menton) - version in French.
- Monday 17th October 2016 at The Artworker's Guild, London, 18h30 reception for 19h00 screening, version in English.
- Monday 24th October 2016 at Montpellier Université, Science de la Terre - Les Lundis Verts.
- Thursday 1st of December 2016 Milan Esperanto Club organised by Nicola Minnaja
- Monday 5 December 2016 18h. Site Louis Notari, Monaco - Journée internationale de la Montagne: Lire la montagne à travers ses métiers: Marine Clarys 30 ans, Guide de haute montagne. En première partie, nous recevrons le réalisateur Rémy Masséglia qui présentera son film documentaire: The Marvels Of Clarence Bicknell. En collaboration avec Le Club Alpin Monégasque.
- Tuesday 20 December 2016 at 16h in the beautiful library of Villa Bel Respiro, in Sanremo. The screening is put on with the cooperation of the Istituto Internazionale di Studi Liguri, Museo Bicknell. Annalisa Giovannini writes “I hope to bewitch the public as the film enchanted me in Bordighera".
- Wednesday 3 May 2017 at 18h00. The British Institute of Florence screened The Marvels of Clarence Bicknell in English at a special event there with a talk given by Graham Avery, vice-chairman of the Clarence Bicknell Association, with questions and answers afterwards. Susie and Marcus Bicknell were there too.
- Friday 5 May 2017 at 17h30. The British School at Rome, screening of The Marvels of Clarence Bicknell in English at a special event there with talks given by Graham Avery, Raffaella Bruzzone, Christopher Chippindale and Robert Hearn. Susie and Marcus Bicknell were there too and participated in the questions and answers.
- 19th May 2017 in Edinburgh, Scotland. British and Scottish Esperanto Congress preview of the Esperanto version of the film <La Mirindaĵoj de Clarence Bicknell> 19th to 21st May (URL available to delegates.
- 22nd July 2017 (exact screening date to be confirmed) in Seoul, South Korea. International Esperanto Congress, preview of the Esperanto version of the film <La Mirindaĵoj de Clarence Bicknell> 22-29 July (URL available to delegates).
- 26 August 2017 (exact screening date to be confirmed) in Heraclea (Matera), Southern Italy. General world release of the Esperanto version of the film <La Mirindaĵoj de Clarence Bicknell> during the Itala Kongreso de Esperanto 26 augusto - 2 settembre 2017. The Italian Esperanto Association organised with the Clarence Bicknell Association and the film’s producers the recording of the Esperanto voice-over. General release means that the internet address of the film is made public on the same day as the Italian screening.