THERE IS NO GOD BUT NATURE - CLARENCE BICKNELL - the film. The 18 minute documentary biopic of Clarence Bicknell, in the evocative visual style of French director Rémy Masséglia, will be released at selective screenings in September/October 2016. For the time being, please enjoy the trailer by clicking on the image (right) or here.
- Friday 30th September at the Musée des Merveilles, Tende, France - version in French (world premier) - sponsored by the Istituto Internazionale di Studi Liguri
- Saturday 1st October at the Museo Bicknell, Bordighera, Italy - version in Italian (world premier) sponsored by Conseil Régional Provence Alpes Côtes d'Azur
- Sunday 2nd October in Breil-sur-Roya, France (Masséglia's home town) - version in French
- Monday 3rd October at the Museo Bicknell, Bordighera, Italy - version in English (world premier) sponsored by the Bicknell Museum Group
- Tuesday 4th October at the Natural History Museum, Genoa, Italy - to be confirmed
- Italian Cultural Institue in London - date to be confirmed
- British School in Rome - date to be confirmed
The filming of the video, in Bordighera, Casterino and the Val Fontanalba, has been exciting and successful. Susie and Marcus Bicknell, Vanessa and Renchi Bicknell, Gwen and Rémy Masseglia were in Bordighera, Casterino and the Val Fontanalba in the week of 27 June to 1st July 2016.
The Italian press have been giving us coverage already. La Stampa of 30 June reports "The Museo Bicknell become a cinema set for the documentary about Clarence Bicknell in which he is played by his nephew Renchi Bicknell". You can see a scan of the article on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/clarencebicknell/. You can also see there some more photos taken during the shooting of the video.
My cousin Renchi's portrayal of his great grand uncle has been remarkable both in his acting and in his likeness. Rémy Masseglia's direction and camera work are both to the point and very creative. A film to look forward to. We expect a trailer in mid-July and a release of a 20 minute video on a date in the autumn coordinated with events in Bordighera and Tende.
Following enquires from the media we put together in August 2016 a list of Frequently-Asked Questions and their answers which you can download here.
If you would like to read more about the shoot and see some behind-the-scenes pictures then you can download my June 2016 diary here.
Marcus Bicknell 4th July 2016